DCX-PIL Intel DCX¶
From the Pillow docs:
DCX is a container file format for PCX files, defined by Intel. The DCX format
is commonly used in fax applications. The DCX decoder can read files containing
When the file is opened, only the first image is read. You can use
ImageSequence to read other images.
Parameters for reading¶
- pilmode : str
From the Pillow documentation:
- ‘L’ (8-bit pixels, grayscale)
- ‘P’ (8-bit pixels, mapped to any other mode using a color palette)
- ‘RGB’ (3x8-bit pixels, true color)
- ‘RGBA’ (4x8-bit pixels, true color with transparency mask)
- ‘CMYK’ (4x8-bit pixels, color separation)
- ‘YCbCr’ (3x8-bit pixels, color video format)
- ‘I’ (32-bit signed integer pixels)
- ‘F’ (32-bit floating point pixels)
PIL also provides limited support for a few special modes, including ‘LA’ (‘L’ with alpha), ‘RGBX’ (true color with padding) and ‘RGBa’ (true color with premultiplied alpha).
When translating a color image to grayscale (mode ‘L’, ‘I’ or ‘F’), the library uses the ITU-R 601-2 luma transform:
L = R * 299/1000 + G * 587/1000 + B * 114/1000
- as_gray : bool
- If True, the image is converted using mode ‘F’. When mode is not None and as_gray is True, the image is first converted according to mode, and the result is then “flattened” using mode ‘F’.