MPO-PIL MPO (CIPA DC-007)¶
From the Pillow docs:
Pillow identifies and reads Multi Picture Object (MPO) files, loading the primary
image when first opened. The
methods may be used to read other pictures from the file. The pictures are
zero-indexed and random access is supported.
Parameters for reading¶
- pilmode : str
From the Pillow documentation:
- ‘L’ (8-bit pixels, grayscale)
- ‘P’ (8-bit pixels, mapped to any other mode using a color palette)
- ‘RGB’ (3x8-bit pixels, true color)
- ‘RGBA’ (4x8-bit pixels, true color with transparency mask)
- ‘CMYK’ (4x8-bit pixels, color separation)
- ‘YCbCr’ (3x8-bit pixels, color video format)
- ‘I’ (32-bit signed integer pixels)
- ‘F’ (32-bit floating point pixels)
PIL also provides limited support for a few special modes, including ‘LA’ (‘L’ with alpha), ‘RGBX’ (true color with padding) and ‘RGBa’ (true color with premultiplied alpha).
When translating a color image to grayscale (mode ‘L’, ‘I’ or ‘F’), the library uses the ITU-R 601-2 luma transform:
L = R * 299/1000 + G * 587/1000 + B * 114/1000
- as_gray : bool
- If True, the image is converted using mode ‘F’. When mode is not None and as_gray is True, the image is first converted according to mode, and the result is then “flattened” using mode ‘F’.