JPEG-FI JPEG - JFIF Compliant¶
A JPEG format based on the Freeimage library.
This format supports grayscale and RGB images.
The freeimage plugin requires a freeimage binary. If this binary not available on the system, it can be downloaded manually from <https://github.com/imageio/imageio-binaries> by either
- the command line script
- the Python method
Parameters for reading¶
- exifrotate : bool
- Automatically rotate the image according to the exif flag. Default True. If 2 is given, do the rotation in Python instead of freeimage.
- quickread : bool
- Read the image more quickly, at the expense of quality. Default False.
Parameters for saving¶
- quality : scalar
- The compression factor of the saved image (1..100), higher numbers result in higher quality but larger file size. Default 75.
- progressive : bool
- Save as a progressive JPEG file (e.g. for images on the web). Default False.
- optimize : bool
- On saving, compute optimal Huffman coding tables (can reduce a few percent of file size). Default False.
- baseline : bool
- Save basic JPEG, without metadata or any markers. Default False.